We will not usually accept an application to register without the original LPA form. However, we can register a ‘certified copy’. You can certify copies yourself as soon as you have made the LPA, in case the original gets lost before registration. If you have not done this, a qualified provider can certify a copy (for a fee) if he prepared the LPA and has a copy on file. You will also need to send a written statement explaining how the original was lost. If only an uncertified photocopy is available, it cannot be registered without an order of the court.