We’re delighted to share our latest newsletter, bringing you insightful news and updates from the industry.
In this issue, we talk about…
- The importance of planning ahead highlighted by the arrival of the royal baby.
- Can we handle the increasing need for end of life care?
- HM Courts and Tribunals Service plan to close local probate registries.
- What is Inheritance Tax and how does it work?
Businessman takes £105million worth of cryptocurrency to his grave.
As cryptocurrency celebrated its 10th birthday, the digital currency hit the headlines as a man died suddenly without sharing his computer password or recovery key.
Read the Full article HERE.
New stats from the latest Kings Court Trust blog.
We’d love to know if you would be prepared to dispute the Will of a loved one?
The King’s Court Trust tells us that ‘a record number of inheritance disputes were reaching the High Court under the Inheritance Act, with 116 cases bought to the court in 2015, in comparison to just 15 in 2005.’
To read the full article, click HERE!
Kings Court Trust have all the information you need to know on the changing probate fees set by the government.
“On the 5th of November 2018, an update on probate fees was provided by Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Ministry of Justice, Lucy Frazer QC MP. It was announced that new legislation to implement a new, banded structure of fees for a Grant of Probate (also known as Grant of Representation) has been presented before Parliament.
If the proposal is passed by the government, it will:
- Allow people to apply for a Grant of Probate online.
- Provide support for those who do not have the skills to apply digitally.
- Result in changes to the current flat fee for obtaining a Grant of Probate.
- Change the current estate value threshold from £5,000 to £50,000.”
To read their full article, click here.